Saturday 11 February 2012

Justin Bieber And Esperanza Spalding: One Year After Their Confrontation At The Grammy Awards


MTV News looks at what artists have done since Spalding beat Bieber for Best New Artist Grammy in 2011.

Last year, Esperanza Spalding beat favorites such as JustinBieber, Florence and the Machine and Drake when she won the Best New Artist Grammy in 2011. The loss was especially hard on Bieber, who spoke to MTV News shortly after the loss.

"I had no idea what was going on, I worked very hard in recent years, and you know, I will not lie - I was disappointed," told MTV News Bieber at Staples Center in Los Angeles. "But, you know, I'll come back [next year] and we'll take a few home .... I am inspired to work harder than I did last year. It will be difficult, but I will try. "

Spalding was almost as overwhelmed by the victory that Bieber. I really did not think it was going to be me, she told MTV News backstage. I was one of those [surprised] people .... It was so unexpected, thats the truth. I am grateful to all my people of my great musical family that gave me so much support and help over the years. 

I do not really think its for me .. it is for us all and I wish they could all be here to put a finger on this point with me   During the 12 months following the Grammy show last year, Bieber has been everywhere and has certainly lived up to its promise to work hard. He has released new music and many music videos splashy, party on a world tour arena filling, fell a box office-busting 3-D concert film, click on its next studio album Believe and kept screaming teenage girls with an onslaught of new hairstyles and various photo shoots.  


Spalding, on the other hand, managed to fly under the radar in the time since winning gold at the Grammy Awards. However, this March, she plans to return to the stage and release his new album, Radio Music, followed by its Chamber Music Society, the 2010 album that helped bring national attention to her at the Grammys the last year.

"At first I thought it would be fun to release a double album," she said in a statement about the album soon to be released. "A disk with an intimate, subtle exploration of chamber music and a second in which jazz musicians explore forms of songs and melodies that are formatted more along the lines of what we classify as pop songs. These are the two things that really interest me, and it makes me think about different approaches to presentation when writing of each kind of song. "

As it aims to celebrate the anniversary of his victory, Spalding dropped a new track, "Black Gold", radio, and earlier this month, she created the video for it. It will also hit the road for a tour starting in April and ends in June

Curiously, Bieber is also set to drop his new album later this year, for which he is the investment Drake, will.i.am, Pharrell and Lil Wayne. Could it be that there will be another clash Bieber / Spalding Grammy in 2013? Only time will tell.

Sources: MTV

0 comments:

Post a Comment